Hi Everyone! Summer may be coming to a close, but you can re-live your adventures in a super easy-to-make scrapbook. One way to spend more time enjoying your scrapbook - and less time searching for supplies! - is to use a kit. The kit I’m sharing about today is the “Let’s Get Away Project Life Bundle” by Stampin’ Up!
If you are not familiar with Project Life, get ready to get happy! Project Life is a simple scrapbooking system designed for busy peeps to quickly document and enjoy photo memories. Simply slip your photos and pre-decorated cards into pocket page protectors. Add journaling and embellishment (if you want to). TA DA! That’s it!
The Project Life by Stampin‘ Up! cards are the perfect amount to cover travel, seasonal, and event albums. There is also a coordinating accessory pack with stickers, washi tape, and embellishments, if you want to build layers and textures onto your pages. I happily started my first vacation album using the Let’s Get Away Bundle to record our recent trip to Florida in a tidy 6” x 8” album.
This summer my husband and I visited The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios Florida. When stepping through the gates you feel like you’re walking straight into the books and movies. It’s pretty amazing. We walked through the “snow” glittered village of Hogsmead, shopped for magical wands, and drank yummy frozen butterbeers (it tastes like butterscotch!).
The larger pockets fit a regular 4” x 6” photo perfectly. For the smaller pockets, you can trim down regular sized photos or order the 4” x 3” photos online.
As you can see, I’m still at the beginning stages. It is a huge relief to spend my time deciding on which cute card combo to use, instead of sitting frozen at the table in a tangle of ideas and mismatched supplies. This is one album, that is actually getting done!
At the back of the album is a plastic folder to hold ticket stubs, maps, and other flat keepsakes.
So what do you think? Will you be capturing your summer adventures? Here are 5 steps to help you get it done --
5 Steps to Create a Summer Adventure Scrapbook:
- Print Photos - That’s right! Get the photos out of your phone and into your hands. Order online to pick up at your local store or online for home delivery.
- Gather Supplies - You will need a 3-ring album, a set of page protectors, and the Project Life by Stampin’ Up! bundle (includes cards, accessories, stamp set).
- Fill the Pocket Pages - Slip your photos and Project Life cards into the page protectors. Keep your page protectors in the 3-ring album.
- Journal & Embellish - Go through your album and record your summer stories, memories, and photo captions onto the journal cards. Embellish your cards using the accessory pack (I especially love the washi tape and polaroid frames).
- Enjoy! - Relive your summer adventures as you flip through your completed scrapbook. Share it with others and enjoy!
It’s been such a joy being a guest here on Cara’s blog! If you are interested in keeping in touch, come visit me at www.BabyBooGifts.com or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thanks for hanging out! :) Ellen
Hello! I'm Ellen, creator of Baby Boo Gifts. I love all sorts of DIY crafts, especially card making, party banners, and sweet treats. After many years of hosting baby showers, I'm happy to share my projects, ideas, and advice. Enjoy! :)