How to Make Your Own Handmade Christmas Card Process Stress Free
December 11, 2014
Some people find the monotonous task of making all those cards boring, but I find it calming. I'll put on a Christmas movie and I'm able to craft on auto pilot.
The best tip I can give you is to keep it simple.
* I don't make cards that open, it's just a postcard style card so I can cut six 4X6 card fronts out of one 12x12 piece of cardstock.
* I use products that are easy to find in bulk, like my doilies. I use a lot of cardstock as well. Last year, I added rhinestones which came 100 to a sheet.
* Reusable supplies are fantastic. I stamped my message on the back of each card.
* If you use stamps, make that one of your first steps. It's really hard to get a crisp image once everything is already stuck on the card.
* Make it fun! Put on the Christmas carols or a holiday movie, get the kids involved. Unless they are like mine, one year they made a mess of my envelopes and I ended up addressing them all myself :)
If you make your own, I'd love to see! Please share, and I can do a round up of them on the blog next week :D
I am working hard on my Planner class. It's a class to help you make a planner that works perfectly for you. If you'd like me to send you more information as it becomes available, you can sign up here: