Gratitude Makes for Happy, Productive Planner Girls
July 29, 2017
Summer vacation has only just begun here in Luxembourg, in fact we are only 2 weeks in. However in those two weeks we've had a LOT of fun! We've also been in the spirit of summer for some time now as there were lots of parties and end of school festivities before school actually let out for the summer.
I love a good list, or 2 or a whole planner full of them! As planner girls we tend to always look to the future and list out what we want to do, what we need to do, and sometimes we forget to look back. The scrapbooker in me likes to look back, see what I've done, what I've accomplished. Looking back and remembering is a wonderful way to express gratitude for what we have and what we've done. Today before I share what I still want to do this summer, I'm sharing a list of 10 things that I have enjoyed so far.
Here are 10 things that I have been enjoying this summer:
- Hector's Canada birthday party!
- The end of term school party SCHOULFEST
- Outdoor concert where the band played on in the rain
- Jacques' birthday
- Summer salads
- Reading outside in the shade of a tree
- My early morning runs
- Eating meals outside at the table on our back terrace
- Reading for a bit before getting out of bed in the morning
Of course, I wouldn't be a good little planner girl if I didn't mention 10 things that I'm planning to do this summer! I'm listing them here and of course putting them into my planner!
- Visit with all my relatives in Canada (we leave Aug 10)
- Meet my 3 new nieces (Aug 6 and Aug 11)
- The geeklings' Music Camp concert (Aug 5)
- Listen to a pipe band
- Go on school supply shopping trips with each of my geeklings ( scheduled so far: Aug 1 and 3)
- Have my cousin cut my hair (she's a true artist)
- Make blueberry pie with Nova Scotia blueberries
- Go to the beach in Canada
- Enjoy a Tim's coffee... or many! (first thing I'll do when I get off that plane!)
- Have a little adventure in Paris (Aug 6-7)
What is on your bucket list for this summer? Have you been checking those items off? Or are you just hoping that you'll get to them sometime before the summer is over? If you are feeling the crunch, that summer is coming to a close and you aren't doing all those wonderful things you dreamed about doing back in the spring, check out my Plan Your Summer class as Big Picture Classes, don't let summer pass you by! I'll help you make a fantastic summer wish list, negotiate schedules to ensure it's all doable, and turn your summer bucket list into a gorgeous addition to your planner. Then, at the end of the season, we'll compile all your summer memories in a mini album. You'll be sure to have the best summer ever when you Plan Your Summer!
Watch the process video here to make a pretty summer planner spread, all products are from the Hip Kit club June kits. Grab a frilly summery drink and hit play!