But, with too much comfort, we can get stuck in a uninspiring rut. Here are 5 tips to push you out of that rut and get your creative juices flowing again:
- Do a new craft. If you are stuck in a planner rut, try a knitting project, or sew new cushion covers for your couch. Write a story or pull out your paints., It's often motivating to try something new that's out of the ordinary, or something you love but haven't done a while. When you go back to your planner you may find that you've been inspired and you've moved out of that rut.
- Go outside. Go for a walk or read while lying on a blanket in the grass. There's something special about nature, we connect to it and it inspires us. Is it too cold or wet right now where you are in the world? No problem, bundle up and make it a short walk around the block, the movement will keep you warm for this short outing! It'll be well worth the few minutes of cold.
- Challenge yourself. There are lots of challenges online, find one that sounds like fun or invent your own just for you. Challenge yourself to do something different, new or forgotten for a specific period of time and really try to stick with it.
- Put it away. It's ok to be in a rut and just sit there for a bit. Sometimes time is all you need to shake a rut. Put your planner away, or even just put only the stickers away and plan with just a pen for a week and see what happens when you come back to it next week.
- PLAY! Play with some new supplies, a new technique or some older product that you've been hoarding. Make a spread just for fun and just for you. Focus on the creating and not the final outcome that you'll post on Instagram. Do it for the fun of playing and don't worry about how it'll look in the end.
In this week's YouTube video, I am playing in my Carpe Diem TN with the super fun Hello Summer collection from Simple Stories. Grab your favourite supplies and hit play to come play with me!